Waltzingmouse Stamps January 2013 Blog Party

Thursday, January 17, 2013


Love is in the air at Waltzingmouse Stamps! For the first blog waltz of 2013 the theme for your creations is 'Love'. I do believe there is a spot prize or two to be awarded randomly for those who take part! Check out Claire's blog for all the details. ALSO, if you haven't been over to Moxie Fab World yet, pop over there, Waltzingmouse Stamps have the Moxie Fab 'Stamp' of Approval and there's a chance to win some stamp sets there just by leaving a comment! Ok, on to my card!


I used a combo of different stamps, Nordic Spring is one of my all time favorite stamp sets, there are just so many gorgeous elements in it! I stamped the heart from this set using Memento Rose Bud ink. The banner is from the Woodgrain stamp set, stamped using Memento Angel Pink ink, I added some definition by outlining the edges with Spun Sugar Distress Marker. I cut the heart and banner out by hand.


I stamped the woodgrain arrows from the Woodgrain set in VersaMagic TeaLeaves just under the row of sweet little roses. The pretty heart border from Nordic Spring is stamped using Memento Rose Bud. The green and white twine is called Honeydew and is available from SRM Stickers, they stock a great selection of Twinery Twine now (Yay!).


So my card is not that flat and won't fit in a regular envelope, I saw this great video this week by Dawn McVey on how to package cards with oversized embellishments on them. She had some great tips, it's well worth the watch if you like to make dimensional cards. I particularly liked the glassine bag option and I happened to have some to hand as SRM Stickers now stocks them.


I used the 4 3/4"x 6 3/4" sized glassine bag from SRM Stickers and it fit my 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" card nicely.


I cut a 1 3/4"x 2 1/2" strip of matching blue card and scored the middle. I stamped the larger heart from My Heart stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps using Rose Bud ink. The sentiment is from the same set.


I folded over the top of the glassine bag and added the tab I just made to the top, covering the front and back. I had some extra long paper clips in my drawer so I popped one of them on to secure the tab.


Very quick and easy. Such a simple way to package your embellished cards, ready to deliver to the recipient! : ) I'm off to check out some of the creations on the blog waltz!



18 comments

  1. Gorgeous!! Love the wrapping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and pink--what a wonderful card, and very clever way to package it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - full of so many lovely details. I adore the rose border and the chevrons beneath. The glassine envelope is so pretty, allowing a hint of the card to show through. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a luscious Valentine Claire! love the pink and blue colors - your lovely row of roses and pretty envelope with the clip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and pretty pink flowers so perfectly formed.Beautiful packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the colors on this, Clare! You have such a flair for bringing together elements to make the perfectly pretty card! The sweet heart, the doily...and the little rose garden border that is to die for! How awesome is that envelope label? So simple, but it coordinates perfectly with the sentiment on the inside, TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and classy. Love the glassine bag finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, your card is just gorgeous! I love the pink and all of the fabulous elements you used. You glassine bag packaging is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink and blue...how delightful. What a fabulous creation with your packaging and little secret surprise of your row of pink roses. I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card-very creative details. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, so sorry if you're getting strange comments from me, they keep disappearing! Anyway, wanted to let you know how much I love your card, and then you showed the envelope and I was over-the-moon! Just gorgeous! Especially love the green stamped on your light blue ... great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Clare....this is delightful!! every pretty detail makes me smile! So beautiful! hugs to you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet and romantic...I am in love with that row of pretty pink roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Clare, I love the fun colour combo, and the row of paper roses and stamped flowers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just what I was hoping for here... some gorgeous eye candy! I love that romantic love bird image, but then topped with that fab row of roses and the soft blue? Sigh... and packaging in that vellum bag where you can get a peek of it through the paper - what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Clare, this is simply beautiful!! I love the soft blue and pink, such a lovely lovely design. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.