Waltzingmouse Stamps March Release Preview Day 1

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Welcome to Day 1 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps March release! Today the design team are previewing the new set A Good Egg. This is such a fun set to stamp with, it's jam packed with so many cute elements, three eggs, two banner sentiments, four other sentiments, three flower motifs, four leaf motifs, and lots of adorable critters! I love the folk art feel to this!


I stamped the big flowers and banner using Cherry Red ink, the egg and little flowers using Lemon Yellow Ink, the chicks I stamped using Paris Dusk ink. I didn't have the exact shade of green ink that I wanted to use for the leaves so I stamped them using VersaMark and clear embossing powder onto some green card. I cut everything out by hand, something that I actually enjoy doing! : ) In contrast to my brights card I went for a more pastel look for my second card.


I also used the previously released Chicken Wire stamp set on this card, stamped and embossed in white, then I inked the edges with white. I love that this set is not just for easter, there's a great mix of sentiments and I know I could have endless fun stamping backgrounds with those motifs!!


I used all VersaMagic Chalk inks on this one (apart from the sentiment), I used Thatched Straw, Pixie Dust, Pink Petunia and Aegean Blue. Again I cut out the little eggs. The lower half of the card I embossed using the Seeing Spots embossing folder. How cute are those little chicks!! I hope you're enjoying the previews, I'll see you tomorrow for another Waltzingmouse Stamps preview!! Here are the DT ladies sharing samples today.

Anya Schrier Becca Feeken Belinda Chang Langner Clare Buswell Edna Morrisedie Iwona Palamountain Jean Martin Jeanne Jachna Jen Cuthbertson Jennifer Holmes Julia Aston Karin Ã…kesdotter Kelly Schirmer Kim Duran Laurie Schmidlin Lynn Mercurio Renee Lynch Sandie Dunne Sarah Martina Parker Teresa Kline Tosha Leyendekker Claire Brennan


Oh AND there's a little competition - PIN IT TO WIN IT! - All you have to do is PIN your favorite sample from today's Design Team creations on your Pinterest board, use the keyword #WMSagoodegg in the caption to your pin. On Friday at 6pm GMT Claire will gather all the pins with the keyword #WMSagoodegg to pick a random pinner to win this new stamp set! Such a fun idea!!! : )

16 comments

  1. You rocked these stamps! I adore both of your cards. The first is so bright & colourful and the second so soft.. stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Clare, I love the doily and the embossing and the texture in the first card. Beautiful designs . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pinned your second card Clare - love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling...really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet Easter Cards Clare! love all the cut outs and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHhh I love your sweet Easter cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare both of these are so fabulous...
    I love the bright colors on the first one...
    and the softness of the pastels on the 2nd...
    and knowing you were doing a mad dash...
    even more impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great contrast Clare! I don't know which I love better - the brights or the soft pastels. Both just drop dead gorgeous! Great way to show off their versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  9. STunning cards! i love the backgrounds. Thanks for sharing, Clare!

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are just fab - totally different! Love the bold, folksy feel to the first card and the pretty pastels on the second. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous Clare, such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun cards, especially like the 1st one. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both cards!! The colors, the layouts, and all the wonderful elements go together so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your chicken wire card...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again you have created cards opposite in colors but equally pretty. Love the wood embossed background in bright white offset against the bright colors. Love the chicken wire card too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.