Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine Issue 117

Wednesday, May 8, 2013


In the current issue (117) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK) I've some fun confetti cards! The card base is made from acetate (the rigid variety) and I hand-stitched an extra layer of acetate to the front of each card to make a pocket for the confetti!


This wedding card is one of my favorites, I added some punched circles of silver mirror card inside the pocket and stitched around the edges using white embroidery thread/floss. To make the hand-stitching easier I pierced all the holes first with a piercing tool. On the inside of each card I added a piece of cardstock the same size as the front piece, so there was somewhere to write on!


I really love how these turned out. I did attempt machine sewing but the thicker acetate (which I wanted to use so the cards would stand up) wouldn't go through my sewing machine but I love how the hand-stitching looks with the embroidery thread! Here's the spread in the mag.


Inside the mag there's full step-by-step instructions on how to make a card and tag. Pick up a copy for all the details.


I used Waltzingmouse Stamps on all the cards - Compact Sentiments, Compact Sentiments Part Two, My Heart stamp set and Say it Loud.


Cardmaking and Papercraft have a brand new look too, which I'm loving, it's really fresh and bright! Oh and you can see my cards there on the cover, bottom right. Ok, I'll be back tomorrow with my CASE Study card, see you then! : )

6 comments

  1. Huge congratulations Clare. Lovely cards, great idea. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE these confetti cards!! They can fun and whimsical or elegantly gorgeous. What an incredibly wonderful idea!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us. I am a new subscriber to your blog. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare congrat's on this magazine pub, that is a lovely spread the mag gave you. Will be visiting more often..
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just fantastic - what a clever card! Me thinks I need that mag! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Where do you get the acetate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Where do you get the acetate?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.