Soft, romantic garden.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


I've a card over on The Craft's Meow blog today using one of my new stamp sets - Cottage Garden. I used a fun stamping technique where I stamped the garden scene using a green ink (I used Memento Pistachio ink) so the outlines are really soft, then colored with coloring pencils. The stamped outlines blend nicely and the result is a soft, romantic look.


I built up the color gradually using the colored pencils, adding shading for depth. The sentiment is also from the Cottage Garden stamp set, I used StazOn Jet Black ink because the colored pencils can leave a slight sheen on the surface.


I colored the foreground with a mix of brown, purple and black and repeat stamped some of the little gravel stamps from the stamp set to add some texture. I love the artistic results you can get using this technique, I think I'll have to experiment a little more. It's a great technique to use with any floral stamps. Here's the stamp set I used today - Cottage Garden.


I'll be back tomorrow with my CASE Study card. Sorry about the lighting in the photos, ran out of daylight! (updated with new pics now!) Thanks for stopping by today! : )


3 comments

  1. This is beautiful Clare~absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, these look like wonderful stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Beautiful card!!Love your coloring,great stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.