The Craft's Meow August Release DT Blog Hop

Wednesday, August 21, 2013


It's the August release DT blog hop at The Craft's Meow! All six sets are now available for purchase in The Craft's Meow store - Cottage Garden, Potted Garden, Choose Hope, Folk Art Blooms, Jar of Sunshine and Dream Catcher. You should have arrived here from Angelica's blog but if you got lost along the way visit The Craft's Meow Blog for the full list of participants. For my first card I used Cottage Garden and Potted Garden.


I had some fun masking with the tulips from Potted Garden, I created two masks of the tulips and positioned them so I could stamp the tulips twice, then remove the masks and stamp the tulips in the masked areas (that's four times altogether!). I wasn't sure how well it would work but I love the end result! I added some hollyhocks from Cottage Garden and stamped a little bit of the geraniums from Potted Garden on the right. Everything is colored using Distress Markers.


For my second card I did a little fussy cutting with the Potted Garden flowers but this would work well with the masking technique also. Again I colored them with Distress Markers. The little row of butterflies at the bottom I stamped using the butterfly from Choose Hope.


I said I'd make some more bookmarks and the dream catcher stamp from the Dream Catcher set is just the perfect size to fill a bookmark. The Dream Catcher set is the free gift with $60 purchase but you can also buy it separately. I love the Native American style, the beautiful textures and colors are stunning.


I used a Core Bookmark from Core'dinations as my base, it's fabulously smooth for stamping. A little tip when stamping the dream catcher with the mini hoop beneath, make sure you stamp the large hoop, center string, small hoop, then add the side stings and feathers to make sure there's enough space for the feathers so they don't touch the mini hoop.


I used the very cool i-rock heat setting tool from Imaginisce and some glam rocks, these were just the prefect size for the beads on the dream catcher. I also added a few feather charms. I used Distress Markers to color the dream catcher and all the edges are inked with Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo. I also stamped some background text using Scattered Straw and one of the sentiments from Dream Catcher.


I added lots of texture to the top of the bookmark, pom pom trim, some seam binding that I plaited, a feather and another feather charm. I didn't forget the back of the bookmark either I used some the same techniques I used on the front and stamped a mini dream catcher too!



Next up on the hop is the talented Gayatri There's a chance for one lucky person to WIN all 6 stamp sets from the August release, just leave a comment on each of the blogs on the hop and on The Craft's Meow blog. Make sure you leave your comment by 8:00pm Pacific on August 23rd! Enjoy the rest of the hop! Here are my three new stamp sets!!





51 comments

  1. Wow, your projects are simply too beautiful, love the coloring and the bookmark is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare congrats on your beautiful stamp sets you designed! The masking and stamping of the tulips turned out beautiful! and I am totally smitten with the tag you created with the dream catcher set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esp love your Potted Garden card. So pretty!!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such beauty to behold here Clare! Your cards and bookmark are wonderful with very pretty colors and textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, what absolutely gorgeous cards. Love the bed of tulips, such depth and details in it and as for the trio, they really do cut out well don't they? Great ideas to try. Then...that gorgeous bookmark...love, love it. Every little detail is amazing, wow. Only thing is, if I had that in a book, would have to stop reading and take it up to admire it again and again.... Take a bow Clare :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning projects. I love how you created the field of tulip with the masking and the great colours on your dreamcatcher bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful. Really like the look of the cottage garden and potted garden sets. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and beautiful tag. I was lucky to win the Cottage Garden set and you did a fantastic job showcasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stamps, wonderful ideas thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wonderful stamps, can't wait to give them a try. So exciting thanks yiu for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job...just love the stamps sets. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My!! Your lovely cards have completely blown me away! I thought I knew which sets I wanted, but after seeing these, I'll have to have a re-think! In fact, I might have to have them ALL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare, congrats on designing the stamp sets - so versatile and beautiful. Love your gorgeous flower and dream catcher cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FAbulous floral cards and wonderful bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are stunning projects! I love how vibrant the colors are! The first card is my favorite. Love the stamping and masking technique!
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clare, I love that you mixed the tulips in with the hollyhocks on your first card - I wouldn't have thought to do that, but the scale works great!! Thanks for some beautiful sets this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh boy, I'm loving these sets. Of course I love all my TCM stamps, and I see I am going to have to add these 3 sets to my collection. Love your cards and how you used the stamps, and how you cut the pots out-so sweet! TFTI

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your creations are beautiful. I am really in love with your bookmark. It is beyond amazing. I have to have that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!!! Your tag is so incredibly beautiful and so beautifully colored!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These cards/tag are definitely Craft Magazine worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow these cards and bookmark are GORGEOUS!! Love the colors, designs well everything about them. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You made all of these!? Wow! I love you can make a garden scene with the cottage garden set.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful projects. I am so in love with that tag. Love how you color of the image and the ribbons from the tag. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely projects. Your Potted Garden cards are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Clare, Gorgeous cards and bookmark! I love how you masked the tulips!
    I had so much fun designing with all three of your sets! They are amazing and I can not wait to see what else you come up with for TCM!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the card you crafted, but I am crazy about those two bookmarks you crafted with the sweet little bronze charms! So neat! Thank you for sharing with us August hoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are lovely--and I love the color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the coloring you did!! Great masking!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. all of your stamp sets and the projects you have made with them are absolutely fabulous! the bookmark is simply jaw-dropping! who would want to hide it in a book?! the Dreamcatcher set is most certainly on my wish list because I know that one of my sons would love the cards I'd send him made with it. :)

    thanks so much for your amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card and bookmark! So many possibilities with these new sets and LOVE how you created the worded background faintly on the bookmark... Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are all so beautiful! I love the colors on the dream catcher

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on your fabulous designs! Love the bookmark. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  33. Precioso marcapáginas!!! Felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how colorful all of your items are! Can't wait to use these new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful flower garden and amazing dream catcher book mark!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your two flowers cards are gorgeous!! Such amazing stamp sets! And your bookmark is just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the potted tulips and geraniums

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh what a lovely way to begin my day--by seeing your cards. I love how you fussy cut those potted flowers. Those stamps sets are really wonderful and my fingers are itching to get inky.

    Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your talent!

    kReN@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. your flower card is so beautiful and the Dream catcher, too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your flower and dream catcher card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The feather is a perfect addition. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW!! I am LOVING your Beautiful Projects!! Such Great Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both cards are great. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to get several of the stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your cards are absolutely amazing! You have made something special about each one of them. I am loving the potted flowers and your fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. LOVE that dream catcher bookmark! If I win the giveaway, I will make one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your cards are wonderful with the masking and fussy cutting...great coloring job! Your bookmark is awesome with the stamping, coloring and embellishments. That is one pretty bookmark! Super job on all.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful cards! I really love your work, I saw your other two more recent posts and you have such great ideas. Your coloring on these cards is just beautiful. Great work. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Clare, Your projects are amazing! I adore the first card with the stitched border. You inspire me to get out my distress markers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful cards, and WOW on your amazingly creative book mark, I keep saying WOW as I see each of your wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.