The Craft's Meow October blog hop

Monday, October 7, 2013


Welcome to the October blog hop with The Craft's Meow, this month's theme is Autumn! You should have arrived here from Amy's blog but you can find the full list of participants on The Craft's Meow blog. I love the rich colors and textures of Autumn, so I attempted to capture that in my card. I used the new Autumn Borders stamp set on my card.


I stamped the pumpkin border three times using Jet Black StazOn ink onto some new white Premium Cardstock from Core'dinations, it's super smooth and perfect for coloring. I used Distress Markers to color the stamped images (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge, Festive Berries, Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint and Picket Fence). I fussy cut different sections from each layer and used foam pads to add some dimension when layering.


The sentiment is also from Autumn Borders from The Craft's Meow, stamped onto a banner. Yep, I really am glad I bought the Silhouette Portrait now, it's turning out to be a really useful tool, not that it replaces my Big Shot or anything but it does open up a whole lotta options! The banner is from Banner Set of Four and the Leaves Doily is also a cut file, the Silhouette cuts Core'dinations cardstock perfectly ! The background cardstock is from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions, I added some inking with Distress Inks and some piercing detail.

Next up on the hop is Deborah! Oh and there's a $15 Gift Certificate to spend in the TCM store up for grabs, just leave a comment on the store blog by 8:00pm Pacific Wednesday the 9th of October to be in with a chance of winning. Enjoy the rest of the hop!




26 comments

  1. wow! what gorgeous color and texture, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Claire this is completely stunning!!! I am totally in love with it! The way you work your magic with the Core'dinations always amazes me, but combined with that wonderful pumpkin stamp and the sentiment made me just gasp. Totally LOVE it big time!!! Are those stamps available in the UK anywhere do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Astrid! I do love working with Core'dinations cardstock, the texture is amazing! The stamps aren't available in any UK stores right now but The Craft's Meow store in the US does post to the UK and the postage costs are quite reasonable. Thanks for asking! : )

    http://www.thecraftsmeow.com/products/autumn-borders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing all your tips. This is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you have layered the elements of this card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous--love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful colors and great texture - love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fall card...love your pretty eye for details!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! Great texturing and color!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the distressed layers on the background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card,,,, you did an awesome job with the pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous! Fantastic coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - the work you did on this is amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this looks like a lovely, elegant Thanksgiving table! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOooo I love the embossing, inking, layering, coloring, BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card and great coloring.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is gorgeous! Thanks for participating in this fun blog hop. I'm SO in love with The Craft's Meow stamps, and appreciate the opportunity to hop along and win. Have a blessed week!
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card, and it was my favorite on the TCM blog hop. Thanks for the inspiration, and for sharing your inspiring work.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the elegant vintage feel to this card, and wonderful textures too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great layers, and love all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty card Clare and LOVE how you added dimension and texture to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your card! The colors, textures and the coloring that you did on the stamp... WOW

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job! I love all the layers and the lace and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really lovely coloring and beautifully rich deep tones on your card creation! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.