CASE Study #168

Thursday, November 28, 2013


Sorry it's been a bit quiet around here, I'm busy working away on various crafty projects. I had a big clean out in my craft room (you know it always looks worse before it looks better!), it's nearly finished now, still a few boxes to sort out. Niall built me a great standing height table (it's mounted to the wall and folds flat when not in use), I saw this program recently about the effects on your back from sitting for long periods and that it was better to stand while working for some of the time (and apparently you burn more calories too!). So this is the first card I've made standing up, it's strange but I actually worked faster standing up! I'll take a few pics of the table once I give it a coat of paint! I'm very grateful Niall can build pretty much anything I can sketch!

It's week four at CASE Study with our November muse Keisha Campbell, I'm loving her work. Here's Keisha's inspiration for this week.


I didn't go with the color combo on this one, the weather here has been so grey I couldn't face the neutrals so I went with some vibrant Christmas colors instead. I did CASE the circles (in the patterned paper), the diagonal stripes, the tag and twine bow.


I dug out some of my Waltzingmouse Stamps for this one, the green and red ink are Memento Luxe and the Vintage Photo ink is Distress. All the patterned papers are from Heidi Swapp Believe Collection. The Santa I fussy cut from one of the papers. Isabelle spotted the Santa paper and wanted some to make a card for Santa (of course I gave her some!), she's turning into quite the card-maker!


I added some glitter to Santa's beard and hat and I found that gold peg in my stash. I stamped the stars last minute, I wasn't sure but I just went for it! I love the faded look from repeat stamping.


Don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study team for some more inspiration! Have a great day! Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the USA!! : )

2 comments

  1. Clare, lovely card. The vintage look is so neat!!! Yes, yes, post that custom wall table, especially the hinges and how its attached to the wall, i would be interested in this stand and scrap,. The height measurements would be great as well, with the height of the table top surface. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore this, awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.