CASE Study #171

Thursday, December 19, 2013


It's week three at CASE Study already and we're enjoying some more inspiration from Cath formerly of Moxie Fab World. Check out the gorgeous image this week!


I've been dying to use a cut file I got of the European Robin from the Silhouette Store, so I thought it fit pretty well with this week's challenge. You see Robins on lots of Christmas cards over here, it's very much a traditional symbol. I used some Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock to cut out the various layers, then sanded the edges and inked with some Distress Inks.


The sentiment sticker is from Fancy Sticker Sentiments - Christmas from SRM Stickers. I also embossed some more Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock for the background using a snowflake embossing folder from Crafter's Companion.


For the snow I cut out a piece of Centura Pearl Cardstock from Crafter's Companion and inked with some Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass) then I used some Distress Markers to add the 'bird footprints' in the snow, just blending with my finger, this works really well on the shiny surface of the Centura Pearl.


Don't forget to visit the rest of the CASE Study team for some more inspiration! Have a great day! I'm not ready for Christmas yet!!

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous coloring on your wonderful robin , Clare! Love the foot print tracks! Robins are long gone here during winter - and we love to see them back as the harbingers of spring! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.