Mollie Makes Doodled and Foiled Eggs

Tuesday, March 8, 2016


I have to say it feels pretty great to have something you designed published in a magazine but it's always extra special when your work makes the cover! I was thrilled when I was approached by Mollie Makes (I'm a big fan!) and asked to do a project for this issue. I love Easter crafts, especially decorating eggs so this project was right up my street! I had to create doodle designs for some of the eggs and I had to foil some eggs too.

I used papier mache eggs (you could use real blown eggs too but they're a lot more delicate!) for my designs and painted them with white paint. There are so many possibilities with the doodles you could use for these and you could make them as simple or intricate as you like.

For the foiled eggs I was a little nervous about using metal leaf (I'd only used metal leaf flakes before) but I was surprised to discover it's not that hard at all! I did use proper size (glue) for metal leaf and applied that to the egg first, then I simply wrapped the metal leaf around it. It's really cool to buff your little golden eggs with a cloth! I love how the painted eggs with mottled foiling turned out too.

If you'd like to make your own doodled and foiled eggs, pick up a copy of issue 64 of Mollie Makes today to read more about the process, step-by-step photos included!  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.