Secret Seed Swap

Tuesday, March 15, 2016


My other passion apart from illustration and crafts is gardening and when an opportunity arises for them to come together in some form or another I get pretty excited! So when I read about the Secret Seed Swap being organised by Lyndsey at What You Sow I knew I had to take part!


To make the basic packet I simply opened up an old seed packet to make a template and drew around it. The illustrations I drew in black pen first then coloured with watercolours. I added some handlettering using watercolours. (Excuse my scruffy work table!)


The instructions for sowing are on the back of each packet and I made little tiny envelopes for the seeds to go inside the packets to keep them safe! (labeled on the front!)


After I'd finished making them I thought I better wrap them up nicely since I put so much effort in creating them!


So I wrapped them up in some of my hand-printed wrapping paper made using some lino cuts and pigment ink. Which also led to making a little note card! I hope my swap partner likes their gift of seeds!


That's all for now! I hope you're inspired to make your own seed packets and give them away as gifts or take part in a seed swap. This project was a lot of fun to make and it'll keep on growing! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.