Forest Painting

Monday, April 4, 2016



We had a great Easter but it's nice to be back to the tranquility of my craft room! I had some unexpected painting commission work last month, which made a nice change to my usual work.

I usually have my camera with me when out walking and snapped this forest scene a while ago, just because I liked the light. I usually work from photos although it's nice to work plein air, it's not very practical sometimes, especially with the Irish weather! I took a few progress shots of the painting as I went along.


It takes me a few weeks to complete a painting, mainly because of the concentration involved and eye strain that can occur. I can only work a few hours a day on a piece and I find the morning light is better to work in, I never paint using artificial light, it really affects the colours!


I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out, it's 16"x12" acrylic on stretched canvas. It's destined for a local hotel, after framing, along with two more paintings purchased.


It's back to my usual paper crafting work now! But I'm hoping to squeeze in some garden time later, lots of seeds to sow right now! Have a great week! : )




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.